Keeping Calm and Carrying On since before it was cool

Tuesday 26 June 2012

Homemade

This year, I set myself the challenge of making homemade gifts for everyone. I have generally stuck to it- there have been a couple of exceptions due to gift lists and such, but I have found it really rewarding. I am still working on the crochet blankets to be given at Christmas, and have rediscovered sewing. At the moment, my sewing machine is out of action and so I have been hand sewing. I had forgotten how much I like doing this, watching a film and sewing away (Oh dear I sound about 90!)





Here is the latest homemade gift, I am really pleased with it.

It is for a close friend who has wanted to begin 'envelope system' cash budgeting


She really likes the sort of 'country cottage' fabrics and prints so I was happy with the choice of fabric I found


Inside the pouch there are 4 coin purses with labels for her to write on so that each purse is a different budget area

And here is her card- very retro and a bit mean as she hates birds!




I have also recently made some seasalt and chilli chocolates for another friend which went down really well but I forgot to take a photo of those!

1 comment:

  1. The card is hilarious and I might just pinch your idea cos i love birds p'r'aps not seagulls tho'. The hand sewn bag is great too and such a good idea for budgeting.

    ReplyDelete