Keeping Calm and Carrying On since before it was cool

Wednesday 18 July 2012

Freestyle baking

I love baking and I particularly like making new recipes up. This weekend, I bought some brown bananas that were reduced and wanted to make a kind of 'breakfast loaf' type thing which would be handy for chucking in my bag for breakfast at work.
I didn't have a recipe but I gave it a go. Also, in my head was an old recipe I once knew for a fat free tea loaf. I gathered together:

Flour
Bananas
raisins (soaked in tea)
Mixed Spice
Eggs
Milk

As the bananas were sweet and so were the raisins, I decided against adding sugar. I simply mixed all the ingredients together and hoped for the best.

 It came out rather well

It is very tasty, not having any sugar turned out fine- it is not a sweet cake, it tastes more like a breakfast muffin which is what I wanted.
It is a little dry, which could be the lack of any fat, but it tastes lovely with a cup of hot tea.
I was very pleased with myself.

1 comment:

  1. looks good I think something like this is just fab for work lunches.

    ReplyDelete