Keeping Calm and Carrying On since before it was cool

Thursday 30 June 2011

Home time

I love my home. I love getting home, making home, being home.
For a long time, I felt like I would best suit a transient lifestyle, never knowing where the wind would blow me, moving on whenever I got bored, being carefree and hectic, changing in public toilets (I blame 'Desperately Seeking Susan'- I was absolutely DESPERATE to carry my few items of clothing in a vintage hatbox, and emerge from the public bathrooms looking all eighties perm and lace glove-y)




But nothing beats for me now, the feeling of being home, of pottering, reorganising cupboards, cleaning, tidying, weeding the garden and keeping the kettle boiled for visitors.
It's heaven.

2 comments:

  1. I know - my home is wonderful too - shame I seem to spend so much time at work. I miss my house so much in term time that it is getting like I don't want to go away in the holiday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to completely agree! Like the above commenter, I am at work so much that I get in the habit of wanting to be at home whenever I can.

    ReplyDelete