Keeping Calm and Carrying On since before it was cool

Tuesday 21 June 2011

Lessons learned from movie marathons

This weekend was practically perfect in every way.
It involved these:


and a lot of cups of tea and four terrible low budget scary films.
Now, I LOVE scary films and my recent scare-a-thon has taught me some valuable life lessons.

1. If I am in the bathroom and I opened the mirrored cabinet above the sink, I will turn and look behind myself first before I shut the door again.
2. If I ever move into a new neighbourhood where everyone is very nice, I will take it as read they are part of a sinister cult and simply move straight out again.
3. If my lights inexplicably go out, I will go to a hotel until the morning when I will return with a very big light to go and turn the fuse back on.
4. If I hear a noise and then discover my cat trapped somewhere I will not be relieved and think that the noise was just the cat. IT NEVER IS.
5. Before moving into a new place, I will always spend the afternoon at my local library wearing glasses and doing a 'looking through the microfiche' montage to establish history of fires murders/ site of ancient mental institution / indian burial ground- this will save me time later.


No comments:

Post a Comment