Keeping Calm and Carrying On since before it was cool

Tuesday 25 October 2011

Reading Festival


My half term is going well. I have finished two books and it is only Tuesday!


The first, 'Dark Places' by Gillian Flynn is a whodunnit page turner, kind of runs out of steam towards the end, but good for a spooky read.

The second- 'Dark Matter' by Michelle Paver- OH MY GOD!
Go out and buy this book immediately. I started and finished it in about 5 hours.
I could not put it down. It is so simple, yet so chilling. There are no great reveals or twists, just an incredible sense of place and a very evocative plot.

I spent 2 hours this afternoon sat in the window seat of Starbucks while it poured with rain outside, glued to this book-even the presence of the town professional rugby team did not distract me from my book (well, maybe just a little!)
:)
x

2 comments:

  1. I will read Dark Matter just as soon as I have finished my Alan Hollinghurst - I have been wanting to read it for about a year - it was reviewed a lot then. Think it is in paperback now :0)

    ReplyDelete